How does SIP Route Tester work?
Spearline SIP Route Tester is an outbound test which enables the user to configure their own SIP trunks and carrier routes, allowing you to make informed decisions on your carrier's performance when dialing out from your network, in real-time. Add new, and edit existing SIP trunks and carrier or prefix details directly from the numbers module on the Spearline Platform. Configure the route with the trunk name, termination getaway and dialing options for testing in the campaigns module by selecting your preferred SIP trunk and carrier.
You're in control
Configure SIP trunks, carrier codes and dialing formats directly from the Spearline Platform without ever having to place a request with our development team to set up. Spearline gives you the facility to create your own SIP trunks and carrier gateways to test your carriers' outbound performance from your network. You are not restricted to just the carriers that Spearline works with.
With the power to configure SIP trunks yourself, it means you can get started straight away.
As you can edit straight from the Spearline Platform by changing the CLI (caller line identification) you require for each carrier tested, you’re in full control of setting the number that you want to dial out with.
By enabling SIP Route Tester, you will be able to view all your SIP trunks in one central place.
Test routes across multiple carriers allowing you to compare results to see which carrier is performing best.
"The main trigger for us was the ability to start new campaigns faster, without having to go through a manual setup or email with you guys."
Pierre-Baptiste Bechu Tech Co-Founder Aircall
What is measured?
- Audio Quality - Spearline will provide you with an in-country toll number to dial out to. These numbers are set to auto answer incoming calls and playback Spearline's audio quality prompt, allowing us to measure the audio quality on the outbound call.
- CLI - The SIP Route Tester allows you to set whatever CLI you require for each carrier tested. Because you are dialing out to a Spearline number, we can report on how that CLI is presented at the terminating end.
- DTMF - Spearline numbers also send DTMF tones before the audio quality prompt is played, allowing us to report if these tones are received at the origination point.
SIP Route Tester has two main features:
1. SIP trunk and carrier configuration
Add SIP trunks and configure them with the trunk name, termination gateway and dialing options.
- Select the ‘SIP trunk’ option from the numbers module, where you can add the trunk details.
- Once the SIP trunk menu has been selected, you will see a split table structure. One table is for the SIP Trunk details and the second table is for carrier details. These work independently of each other.
- Once added, you will see a list of SIP trunks and a list of carriers. The user can search and edit existing trunks and carriers from this page.
2. SIP trunk selection setup
Create a campaign with the ability to select trunk and carriers / prefixes to dial out from.
- Create a campaign and select test type ‘SIP trunk test’.
- Add the numbers you want to test in the campaign.
- Choose from a list of trunks that have previously been added to the numbers module.
- Select one or more carriers that you want to map the selected trunk to. As long as you have a carrier code, you can add as many carriers as you like.
- A summary will show what trunk has been selected and the carriers mapped to the trunk.