Measure and Test
DTMF Recognition test
Check if the call can reach the right department or enter a conference call successfully.
How does it work?
The DTMF (Dual Tone Multi Frequency) Recognition test can be used to test that the touch-tone functionality is working correctly on your contact numbers. We can detect if the call is able to reach the right department or enter a conference call successfully. If a DTMF-related issue is identified we will validate the problem and alert you before any of your customers do.
- The Spearline in-country or in-state server dials your toll and toll-free contact numbers (we use SIP or standard phone lines with ISDN signaling to replicate your customers’ experience).
- The Spearline server sends a series of DTMF tones which your IVR is configured to recognize (eg. a conference bridge or contact center IVR system).
- We can detect if the call is able to reach the right department or enter a conference call successfully. If a DTMF related issue is identified we will validate the problem and alert you before any of your customers do.
How does it help?
In both Contact Center and Unified Communications services, users can be required to interact with DTMF touch tones in order to speak with an agent or enter a conference call. Users are dependent on these DTMF’s in order to use a service. Contact Centers and UC customers may not be aware of failures with the DTMF touch tones.
Spearline can generate calls from in-country where we terminate to your IVR menu and enter a conference or contact center. If it requires the user to interact with DTMF touch tones, Spearline can verify your system is recognising the correct DTMF.
What is measured?
- Connection success or failure.
- Post Dial Delay (the time between the number being dialled and the call being answered).
- CLI Presentation (The Caller Line Identification presented on the call)
- DTMF Recognition
Key Benefits / Values
- Check if DTMF (touch tones) are failing for your customers.
- Check if the routes on your Conference or Contact Center IVR are functioning correctly.
- Replicate the call flow and report if DTMF touch tones are not working.