Measure and Test
SMS Assure is a reliable method to test an organization’s SMS services in-country to indicate whether a sent SMS has been sent or if a received SMS message is intact, or has been received at all.
How does it work?
- SMS Assure is an extension to the Spearline API that allows you to test, in-country, the sending and receiving of an SMS message to a destination specified by you, whether it’s to a Spearline number or your own customer-supplied number.
- Send an SMS message, in-country, from your own number(s) to a Spearline SMS number using the Spearline API, to query if the message was received.<.li>
- Run a test to identify if you can receive an in-country SMS message sent from a Spearline SMS number to your own customer-supplied number.
- Access live data and analytics which will highlight which SMS messages were received, and which ones weren’t, via a Spearline API query.
- Should an SMS message fail to send or receive, you can query the API for an error message explaining the reason for the failure allowing you to take the necessary steps to rectify the issue.
- SMS Assure is available in the same countries that Spearline mobile testing is available in. Find out which countries here.
What is it?
Spearline SMS Assure tests whether a text message has been received or not. The service is an extension to the Spearline API that allows you to test the sending and receiving of an SMS message in-country from Spearline to a destination specified by you. It also allows you to test the sending of a message to Spearline and reporting results using an API query.
When is it used?
Spearline SMS Assure is used by any large enterprises, teleco carriers and conference providers that rely on SMS messages to communicate with their customers. SMS Assure is a reliable method to test an organization’s SMS services in-country to indicate whether a sent SMS has been sent or if a received SMS message is intact or has been received at all.
What is measured
- With SMS Assure, you will have the power to access information on a sent or received message including:
- the SMS ID
- the timestamp of when the SMS was sent
- user ID
- country code
- SMS provider in relation to an SMS message and the actual message that was sent
- Test SMS messaging and delivery in-country before it’s sent to your customer, across an international network between your organization and your customers.
- Know with certainty whether an SMS message has been received, either sent or failed to send by your intended party.
- Access real-time reporting and analytics via Spearline API queries.
- Take the necessary steps to rectify any issues that are identified before your customers are impacted.
Please note, even if you’re currently not using the Spearline API, you can just use the API for SMS Assure while still rely on the Spearline Platform interface for all of your other test types. If you would like to find out more about Spearline API, please download our Spearline API fact sheet or speak to your dedicated Customer Engagement Manager.