When performing conference testing, it is necessary to add passcodes to the system to enable access to the conference. These passcodes or PINs are a set of numeric digits used to direct callers to a specific conference call.
The passcodes module is used to configure passcodes for each region and phone group. You can search, add, edit, delete, import, and export passcodes for conference testing. The table lists all Regions and Phone groups currently in the system.
- Passcodes Module (the passcodes module is nested here in a tab which is located along the top of the page under the ‘Numbers’ module)
- Search Filters (use filters to help refine results when searching for Region/Phonegroup).
- Add Passcode button (when clicked it brings up the ‘Add Passcode’ dialog box).
- Import/Export (when clicked it brings up options for importing and exporting passcodes).
- Actions Column (provides further actions which can be performed)
- Edit (when clicked it brings up the ‘Edit Passcode’ dialog box).
- Delete (when clicked it brings up a confirmation box to confirm the deletion of passcodes).
- Status(shows if the Region/Phonegroup is currently Active or Inactive).
- Passcodes Summary View (shows which Phonegroup, Moderator, Participant and Leader Passcodes are attached to each Region/Phonegroup).
- Pagination.(shows the total Region/Phonegroup passcodes available for use).
How to add Passcodes:
- Navigate to the ‘Add Passcode’ dialog box as outlined below.
- Click the Add Passcode button to bring up the ‘Add Passcode’ dialog box (this is located top right of the screen) .
- This is the ‘Add Passcode’ dialog box.
- Add the passcode details to the dialog box as outlined here.
- Region:This is a mandatory field. Regions are created or assigned when adding conference numbers to the platform.
- Phonegroup:This is a mandatory field. Phonegroups are created or assigned when adding conference numbers to the platform.
- Moderator Passcode:This is a mandatory field but the same passcode can also be used as the participant passcode.
- Participant Passcode:This is a mandatory field but the same passcode can also be used as the moderator passcode.
- Leader Passcode:Optional: This can be left blank if you do not have a leader passcode or leader PIN.
- After Save:Choose ‘Add a new passcode’ to save new passcodes.
- Click the Updatebutton to complete your task
- Your task is now complete.
Results: The page will refresh back to the passcodes table where you can now search, edit, export or delete your new passcodes as needed.