To add a number for IVR mapping to the platform, do the following:
- Navigate to the Numbers module of the platform (this can be found here in the left hand navigation menu).
- Choose the Number Type (Application Type) from the drop-down menu located top left of the page in the filters section (this should be set to IVR).
- Click the Add Number button (this can be found top right of the screen).
- In the dialog box that appears you will need only to enter the fields stated below. These are mandatory. The other fields are optional metadata.
- Number Type: Confirm that the correct number type ‘IVR’ has been selected for the number.
- Number*: Enter the phone number to be tested.
- Country: Select the geographical location of the number.
- Toll Status: Indicate the type of number that is being entered e.g Toll Free, Shared Cost, Premium etc…
- IVR Description: Give you IVR number a brief description. You will not be able to save the number without it.
- Timezone: Choosing a local timezone to your location is best if you wish to schedule testing in your own timezone.
- Number Time Group: Select the Timegroup for the IVR number from the drop-down menu.
- Minimum Duration: Set the minimum duration of call to be expected after each option.
- Silence Threshold: Set the maximum duration of silence that can be expected at any point on the call.
- Silence Timeout: Set the number of seconds to wait for a timeout before moving on to the next point of the IVR when no silence has been detected (e.g music on the line).
- Agent: This must be set to ‘English Prompt’. If this is not available please contact technical support to have it added.
- After Save: The ‘After Save’ menu gives you 2 options to choose from;
- Add a new number –This will simply dismiss the dialog box and add the new number to the system.
- Edit this number –This will add the new number information while keeping the dialog box open to make further edits.
- Add: Click the Add button.
Your task is now complete.
Results: The page will refresh and your new number will be available to find, edit or delete within the numbers table.