Inbound IVR traversals automatically navigate through interactive voice response systems when placing test calls.
To add an inbound IVR, do the following:
- Navigate to the ‘Add IVR’ dialog box as outlined below.
- Click the Add IVR button to bring up the dialog box (this is located top right of the screen).
- Fill out the fields in the ‘Add IVR’ dialog box as outlined below.
- Name: (give your IVR traversal a name).
- IVR Traversal:(choose an IVR command to add from the drop-down menu)
- Wait (this command is for entering a wait time in seconds between your DTMF commands)
- Send DTMF’s (this command is for entering the DTMF tones you wish to send e.g 2572#)
- Value: (enter a value for your chosen command e.g Wait = 15 or DTMF = 2572#).
- Add: (click the Add button to add the command you have created).
Result: The IVR command you have just entered will populate the IVR preview window underneath.
- Troubleshooting: If the IVR preview is not correct you can edit the preview by using the Clear last line button or the Clear all text button to make changes. Repeat steps b, c and d until the IVR traversal is complete.
- Description: Optional – (enter an optional description for your IVR).
- After Save: – The after save menu gives you 2 options to choose from;
1 – Add a new IVR – This will simply dismiss the window and add the newly created IVR Traversal2 – Edit this IVR – This will add the newly created IVR Traversal while keeping the current window open to make any further edits.
- Update: Click the Update button to complete your task.
- Your task is complete.