Note: Time groups are a prerequisite when running tests. In the following task, you will learn how to set up a standard time group.
To create a time group, do the following:
- Navigate to the ‘Add Timegroup’ dialog box as outlined below.
- Click the Add Timegroup button (this is located top right of the screen).
- Complete Sub-steps a-g as outlined below.
- Name: Give your timegroup a name. This will appear in the timegroups overview and in all drop-down menus where you will select timegroups or time constraints.
- Interval: Use the drop-down menu to set the frequency of your tests e.g minutes, hours, days, weeks, months etc..
––-Note: This interval is only used for Campaigns. It does not affect any ‘Time Matrix’ which may be set for rolling tests.
- Run on days: Use the checkboxes to select the days on which you would like the campaign to run.
- Date Slot: Select both a start and end date in the fields provided before clicking the Add button to save the date slot.
––-Note: You can also choose not to have an end date by using the checkbox provided.
- Time Slot: Use the sliders to select the time-frame for the tests to run e.g Between 08:00 + 18:00 Hours. Click the Add button to save your selection.
- This field is only used when editing a timegroup. This field will present warnings if editing a timegroup will affect other campaigns which may be using the timegroup.
- Save: When you are happy with your timegroup click the Save button to complete your task.
- Your task is complete.