The Spearline API
Let our API take the headache out of managing multiple systems, allowing you to view and manage Spearline tests and reports from your existing number management system.
The Spearline API is a RESTful API, designed to be a flexible tool that you can configure to fit your existing systems and processes. You will have the ability to pick and choose the features you wish to implement.
Benefits of the Spearline API:
- Automate the process of adding, editing and deleting numbers. This improves the efficiency of your team and allows them to use one single platform rather than requiring training on multiple interfaces.
- Personalize your experience and enable only the functionality that is appropriate to your business.
- Tie test schedules to call reports to ensure your busiest numbers are being tested at frequencies appropriate to their importance.
- Streamline your systems and make changes from the comfort of your own number management system.
You may have already invested in ITSM (IT Service Management) tools to help your team monitor and manage critical services. Spearline can integrate with your existing ITSM systems that accept emails, SNMP, Webhook (HTTP post). This allows you to view and respond to issues without having to log in to the Spearline platform. For organizations that use such systems to route alerts to employees during calls, integrating Spearline alerts will ensure that these are assigned to the correct individual.
Benefits of ITSM:
- ITSM integration means minimizing unwanted changes and allows you to focus on what is important.
- Alerts can be sent to your key resolver teams in realtime, ensuring no important information is missed.
- Integration allows for centralization and lessens the cognitive load on your employees, reducing any human error which may occur.
You may prefer to handle your own authentication procedures for centralization and security reasons.
The Single Sign-On (SSO) feature allows you to include the Spearline platform in your centralized authentication server. The platform can integrate with a SAML identity provider to allow your teams to log in once and access Spearline products without re-entering authentication factors.
Benefits of Single sign-on:
- Mitigate the security risk through centralized authorization.
- Reduce password fatigue from having to remember and enter multiple different user name and password combinations.
- Minimize the time spent entering the passwords for the same identity.