What are Cookies?
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
- SDKs are blocks of code provided by our partners that may be installed in our mobile applications. SDKs help us understand how you interact with our mobile applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access the application.
Category of Cookies
Below you will find more specific details on the different types of first and approved third-party cookies served through our websites along with why we use these cookies.
These cookies are essential for our services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks for our platform users and website visitors.
- Other software
We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a particular page.
We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services. For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, make them more relevant, personalized, and meaningful to visitors to our website, and track our advertising campaigns’ efficiency, both on our services and on other websites.
- Device ID’s
If you access our website using a mobile device, the device ID may be recorded and used for purposes similar to those of cookies. We do not identify or record a device location without your specific permission.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. However, third-party services have their own privacy policies.
We recommend that you read their privacy policies to understand how these providers will handle your personal information for these providers.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
- To opt-out of ads on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook settings, LinkedIn settings, Twitter settings, and Google Ads settings.
- You can also opt-out of tracking by many companies using cookies via the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out.
- In case if you have any questions about the third-party partners and their cookies policy, you may contact them directly.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt-out of Ads Personalization” setting.
While a Data Protection Officer is not mandatory, Spearline is committed to protecting your data and have appointed the following representative as your point of contact :
Data Protection Specialist,
Skibbereen, County Cork, P81 H102