It’s been a busy, insightful and exciting month for the world of Telecoms as multiple events took place across the globe, bringing together some of the brightest minds not only in the Telecoms industry but in the wider Information Technology arena.
The biggest theme that connected each event was ‘PROGRESS’ as some major developments, particularly in the world of 5G and A.I., were announced and discussed in detail. Spearline was happy to do coverage on some of these big developments for our interested readership, keeping the excitement in the air and the energy buzzing with this big news!
Highlights of GITEX Technology Week 2019 6th - 10th OCT
GITEX ("Gulf Information Technology Exhibition") is an annual consumer computer and electronics trade show, exhibition, and conference that takes place in the United Arab Emirates at the Dubai World Trade Centre with over 10,000 attendees.
- RTA launches free Wi-Fi service on public buses, marine transit modes, and air-conditioned bus shelters. The operation is set to be available at bus stations, air-conditioned bus shelters and more, before the onset of Expo 2020.
- The future of health and medicine will become “increasingly virtualized and mobile, and A.I. and data-driven” with wearables, body computing, Big Data, V.R., and A.I. giving humanity the opportunity to rethink and imagine healthcare and Telemedicine.
Highlights of the 3rd Edition India Mobile Congress 2019 14th - 16th OCT
IMC is the LARGEST Telecom event in South Asia with 500 companies exhibiting, with an estimated 100,000 visitors attending. The event is envisioned to be the "leading platform for India's start-up and technology ecosystem."
- 150,000 villages in rural India now connected through Bharat net.
- A lot of discussion about 5G and its development. Huawei deployed India's first artificial intelligence (A.I.) based pre-5G technology on the Vodafone Idea network. First 5G video call between Ericsson and Qualcomm. Qualcomm also further pushing towards 5G, wearables, automotive Industry at MWC Barcelona 2019.
Highlights of the MVNOs EU 2019 15th - 16th OCT
This month saw the 16th annual MVNOs Europe event take place at the Victoria Park Plaza in London. MVNO Europe was created in 2012 to represent the interests of Mobile Virtual Network Operators which are active on European mobile and Internet of Things markets.
- Germany was Europe’s largest IoT market with 23 million IoT subscribers, narrowly ahead of Italy, which claimed 21 million.
- The cellular IoT market passed the 1 billion mark and is now expected to pass 4 billion by 2024.
Highlights of Broadband World Forum NL 2019 15th -17th OCT
Broadband Forum is the communications industry’s leading non-profit organization, composed of the industry’s leading broadband operators, vendors, and thought leaders, who are focused on accelerating broadband innovation, standards, and ecosystem development with over 4000 attendees.
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), China Academy of Information and Communications Technology (CAICT), Wi-Fi Alliance®, and multiple mainstream operators around the world held intense discussions on how to leverage the 5G fixed network to promote the global gigabit ecosystem.
- Broadband QED (Quality Experience Delivered) Led by Vodafone and Predictable Network Solutions (PNSol), this initiative brings together one of Broadband Forum’s oldest members with one of its newest to create “invisible” networks that will greatly enhance the quality of experience broadband networks provide.
Highlights of the Total Telecom Congress 2019 29th - 30th OCT
The Total Telecom Congress 2019, took place at the Business Design Centre, London on 29th and 30th October, providing a platform for telecoms leaders to come together to explore key industry transformation, with 300 speakers and 1000 attendees.
- Monetizing 5G and addressing the opportunities created for specific vertical applications. The issue of security and privacy for operators and regulators to address. 5G roll-outs will need to contend with sophisticated cybersecurity threats.
- ‘Going Green’ and de-carbonizing the economy was one of the biggest talks with Connectivity EU, Connect Cars EU, and DigitalSingleMarket.
Highlights of Capacity Europe 2019
Spearline had the pleasure of attending Capacity Europe in London, where three of the company’s representatives Liam Dunne, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), Mark Rohan, Head of Enterprise Solutions, and Orla Clancy, Senior Marketing Manager, PR, and Brand Awareness, Lead Generation, connected with many stakeholders.
At Capacity Europe, we announced an expansion of our in-country number testing platform to Kenya; we now have coverage in 67 countries and reach over 89% of landlines and 88% GDP worldwide. Read the press release here.
Capacity Europe is Europe’s largest event uniting the global connectivity industry and helping create brand awareness. The team really enjoyed the experience, getting the perfect opportunity to meet and greet hundreds of existing and prospective customers, hear from thought-leaders during panel discussions, and partake in interviews with the Capacity Media team.