Hola Costa Rica!
70 countries and counting …. Welcome Costa Rica to Spearline fixed-line testing!
We are delighted to announce that Costa Rica has joined our list of certified countries for fixed-line testing. We secured fixed-line services directly with Telefónica to support the testing of toll and toll-free numbers.
Telefónica is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world by market capitalization and number of customers. With operations in 16 countries, split into two geographic regions, Europe and Latin America, Telefónica has over 356 million customers, including 270 million mobile customers, close to 13 million fiber and cable customers and more than 8 million pay TV customers. The majority of Telefónica’s customers know them through their commercial brands of which Movistar, O2 and Vivo are their most well known. These brands represent Telefónica’s mobile, landline, Internet and television telecommunication services to 347 million customers worldwide.
7 interesting facts about Costa Rica *
- Costa Rica (slightly smaller than Lake Michigan) is in Central America, bordered by Nicaragua on the north and Panama on the south, the Pacific Ocean on the west, and the Carribean Sea on the east.
- The country has 14 known volcanoes. Six of these volcanoes have exhibited volcanic activity in recent times. The Arenal volcano is the most popular one of its kind in the country and towers above the surrounding landscape in northern Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica ranks number one in The Happy Planet Index. This index measures the sustainable well-being of a country. Costa Rica ranks one on this index as it is one of the leading countries in nature conservation in the world.
- Approximately 25% of Costa Rica has protected forests and reserves making the it one of the most valued environmental destinations in the world. There are more than 100 different protected areas to visit.
- Costa Rica does not have a standing army. Since 1949, the constitution of the country forbids the presence of a standing military in the country. Costa Rica, however, does have a public security force that maintains the internal security in the country.
- More than 247,104 acres of coffee are planted in Costa Rica, making it the 13th largest coffee exporter in the world.
- Costa Rica is the second largest exporter of bananas in the world. Only Ecuador exports more bananas than Costa Rica.
Our expanding global coverage
The addition of Costa Rica to our portfolio means we now have coverage in 70 countries and we continue to grow our presence on a global scale. We have big plans for the remainder of 2020, including increasing our coverage across Africa and the Middle East. If you have a particular country you need to test your global phone numbers from, please let us know.
Test your numbers in Costa Rica
If you are interested in adding Costa Rica to your list of countries for fixed line testing, please contact your dedicated Spearline Customer Engagement Manager, email email@example.com or call +353 28 51460.
New to Spearline?
Spearline is the leading network intelligence company in the telecommunications industry. Our platform enables enterprises and telecommunications service providers to test connectivity and quality on global telecoms networks, testing automatically at volume. If you are interested in benefiting from our platform, please get in touch with us.