Never miss an issue with your numbers
Our customers frequently tell us that one of the main reasons they work with Spearline is because of the realtime alerts we provide should an issue ever arise with any of their numbers, before they become customer-impacting, regardless of where in the world the issue takes place.
Realtime alerts are a means to be notified of issues such as specific call failures or audio quality dropping below a custom threshold as soon as they arise. All alerts are verified by Spearline for validity before they are released, ensuring the chances of receiving a false alert are significantly reduced.
Enhanced follow-up alerts that automatically trigger a test
Whenever we asked our customers for feedback about our alerts, they told us they needed more options when setting up follow-up alerts for their critical contact numbers. We are pleased to announce that we have made some significant enhancements to our follow-up alerts that we would like to share with you.
What are follow-up alerts?
Follow-up alerts are a specific type of Spearline alert that automatically trigger a set of customized follow-up tests. They are a means of checking a number that had a fail state result, to identify if the fail is part of a persistent problem, or a once-off occurrence
Why follow-up alerts?
Here are just some of the ways we have improved our follow-up alerts and follow-up tests, and how your organization can benefit:
- Save time and reduce your mean time to restore serviceThe number that triggered the follow-up alert, does not necessarily have to be the number that is tested in the follow-up test. Not only can the test run on the original number that resulted in a fail state, it is now possible to set up automated follow-up tests for similar alternative numbers (e.g. same termination but different carrier) to give you an even bigger picture of the wider problem. This all contributes to assisting in capturing the whole problem, and not just part of the problem, aiding the troubleshooting process, and ultimately saving you valuable time and resources.
- More choice of fail statesThe follow-up tests can now be triggered by a much wider number of fail states, not just “busy” and you are in control of choosing which fail states you would like to trigger the alert, and subsequent follow-up test, for.
- Improved visibilityFollow-up tests are now available across all of Spearline’s test types and not just the connection test, giving you even more choice and more visibility when it comes to monitoring the metrics that matter the most to your business, such as audio quality.
- Available across mobile and fixed-line networksFollow-up tests are now available across mobile networks as well as traditional fixed-line networks, giving you even more coverage and visibility over your global customer contact numbers.
- Peace of mind As soon as an issue has been identified with one of your numbers, you will be sent an alert straight away, and the follow-up test automatically kicks-in as soon as the alert is sent. This allows you to make a decision in real-time on what steps are needed to fix the issue, ensuring minimal disruption to your business and customers.
Find out more
If you would like to find out more about our follow-up alerts and how they work, please download our information brochure.
If you would like to set up follow-up alerts for your numbers, please contact your dedicated Spearline Customer Engagement Manager who will be more than happy to assist. Alternatively, please get in touch with our 24/7 support team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
New to Spearline?
Spearline proactively tests and monitors toll and toll-free numbers for connectivity, audio quality and other telecoms aspects, globally. Our SaaS-based platform ensures an organization’s telecommunication infrastructure is performing to its highest standards, as it gives peace of mind that numbers are performing as they should be, and dramatically reduces the time spent troubleshooting. If you are interested in benefiting from our platform, please get in touch with us.