Arkadin is one of the largest and fastest growing collaboration service providers in the world.
It is a member of the NTT Group, one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world, and offers a wide range of conference-related solutions, including unified communications, web, video and audio conferencing and virtual events.
Arkadin serve over 42,000 customers in over 30 countries, including France, Germany, the UK, USA, Australia, China, Singapore and Japan.
Audio quality and connection is more important than ever for conferencing providers. Audio quality issues like latency (delay in audio being transmitted) can have a highly detrimental impact on audio conferences with multiple delegates, as out-of-sync audio makes conversation impossible.
Our inbound test works by placing two calls into the conference, one to the overseas toll free number (TFN) being tested and another to a number local to the physical location of your conference bridge (a DDI). The inbound call to the TFN always takes place within the country of that TFN, thus replicating exactly the customer’s experience. The local DDI acts as a control leg where you would expect excellent connectivity and call quality. Once the conference ends, the recorded audio and the input audio are compared using an industry standard full reference algorithm (PESQ).
Arkadin’s dedicated team is alerted immediately, to any failure or low audio quality below a 3.30 PESQ score.
Shortly after beginning testing for Arkadin, we analysed the results of test calls - we saw an 85% decrease in testing failures within the first two month’s of testing. And there was an overall audio quality improvement of 5.7% increase over the first 6 months of testing!
By testing their numbers in this way, Arkadin are:
- Identifying issues before there’s a large impact on customer experience
- Reducing the time spent on troubleshooting and resolving problems using detailed call records
- Proactively managing providers to ensure they’re providing the best quality service, using insights on audio quality and country-by-country benchmarking
- Increasing up-time and audio quality across their external network, leading to improved customer experience
- Evidencing their call quality and connection success to customers using independent and objective measures
A final word
Arkadin have been working with us to ensure the quality of their conferencing services since 2015. Having this "quality confidence metric" is an essential part of their